we have a community pool for our residents only the maintenance man puts to much chlorine in it to a point it burns our eyes he thinks he knows it all being a deed community can I report it to the health dept and will they do anything about it.


Sure you can report it. Hopefully they will do something about it, at least an on-site inspection to ensure proper levels are maintained. You can also test the water yourself with test strips and make sure there is a sufficient, not high free chlorine level. Burning eyes can often be caused by not having enough free chlorine present and/or too much combined chlorine (used up chlorine). pH can also be a factor contributing to burning eyes and itchy skin. I would test chlorine and pH here before swimming.