We have a 5 ft tall above ground pool, we used H/H Blue/Green shock treatment , we went swimming for two days , the dog also jumped in , and now the water is very cloudy and there is brown/tan slime floating on top as well, can this be fixed !?!?


Chlorine shock can be used to destroy the brown tan slime and clear up the water. Make sure the pH is properly balanced before adding any shock as it will be more effective if pH is balanced. Also, as a note, the dog in the pool contributes the equivelent wastes of several people and this is likely the cause for the slime and excess chlorine demand.