On my test strips it shows pH and ppm Stabilizer, if those are too high or too low, how do I treat them? What chemical do I use?


pH - if it is too high, you will add an acid, typically sodium bisulfate or muriatic acid. If it is too low, you would add an alkaline material, typically sodium carbonate or sodium bicarbonate. They will usually be labeled pH up or increaser and ph down or decreaser. Stabilizer - if it is too low, you add cyanuric acid. If it is too high, the best option is a partial drain and refill with fresh water, but that may not be necessary depending on how high it is.