I found a mouse in my inground swimming pool this morning with lots of droppings. I have added shock and more choloring tablets. Do I need to do anything else before swimming in it?


Running a higher than typical chlorine level for a short period of time should negate any risk of swimming. Also, it is unlikely that any contamination is spread if chlorine was present in the water during the time that the mouse was present. If chlorine was low during this time, you may want to wait until tomorrow to swim while added chlorine kills the potentially slower reacting contaminants.