I am trying to raise my chlorine level and it just does not work. No mattter how much shock, etc we put in a couple hours later and it is gone. I used a metal out two weeks ago and since it seems like I cannot get the chlorine level back. Is the metal out the problem?


Probably not, however, some metal treatments contain phosphate and this can contribute to your problems. Check (or have checked) the nitrate nitrogen and phosphate levels to make sure they are not so high that they are impacting your ability to keep a chlorine level. Also, make sure that you have enough stabilizer (cyanuric acid) which protects your chlorine from the UV rays so that the intense sun does not kill off the chlorine.